It has changed so much … almost everything has changed, what has always remained the same has been the purpose of the project.

The first version of Medical Revolution, which concerned only the Web part (pathologies, 3d human, clinical tests, exercises, management) was installed in the first study in beta test in February 2017, I say installed because the first version was not on the Cloud but but installed in the computer as a real program.

The first Medical Revolution did not have the Apps, actually in that period we had thought of the App for the patient, but it was far from the beginning of its creation. We realized that the web part already gave a great support and a great help to the professional, but it was not enough, we needed that thread that could unite the whole path, especially the post-rehabilitative one, so as not to lose contact with the patient, the goal was to leave something tangible, useful to the patient so that he was fully satisfied with the whole journey with the professional.

The first version of MedRevo was certainly not the one we imagined, we took the flows, the logic, the user experience for granted, they were intuitive for us who had designed it but the navigation was not fluid and simple for the professional who had to use it with the patient, to move within the program from point A and get to point D was an operation that required too many steps, often misleading, especially when one had to return from D to A.

The non-positive feedback from professionals on usability (fortunately not on effectiveness) in beta tests caused us discomfort and frustration, but made us stop and reason that despite the path being the right one, since patient satisfaction was already there since then, we had to make mandatory changes from the point of view of the user experience, and this was complex for us, we had not yet put ourselves in the shoes of those who had to use MedRevo and at the same time knew nothing about its use.

Many beautiful projects fail because they are not simple, they are not usable. Complexity discourages the user and we initially neglected this aspect, focusing only on the purpose of the project, but not taking into account everything in between.

In the meantime we were designing the Patient side app (only Android, that iOs was a different story and it will be the reason for the turning point in our project), it was June 2017. Initially the Android one, it wasn’t even native like today, but it was an online page, in which we had included only 3 concepts:

Exercises to do at home
pathology
Advice to give to the patient
Advice to give to the patient
Result: very bad, the app was too poor of contents, the graphic aspect was approximate, it turned out to be all on one screen and did not satisfy us, without taking into account the “bugs” (malfunctions) that it presented.

Until then we knew the word “bug” thanks to the updates we make on the most popular Apps like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp etc., but later it became, I say unfortunately, a daily part of our vocabulary.

In the meantime we had arrived in December 2017, on paper we had a fascinating and winning idea, but what we had achieved did not even remotely correspond to what we had in mind, at a conceptual level, of course, putting it into practice from a programming point of view was all another story.

The Web part and the patient app had to be overturned. We perceived the feeling that we would take a big leap into the void.